Monday, June 29, 2009

Collaboration

A new concept has begun to emerge in my thinking, Artistic Collaboration. 

About three months ago I showed HB a photo in an old Handwoven Magazine of a stenciled rag rug. "We could do that." And we did. I wove a simple rug out of a high thread count bed sheet from Goodwill as the 'canvas'. HB bought a set of permanent fabric dye markers from Hobby Lobby and got out one of her favorite stencils. HB & Me have worked together professionally for most of our careers, but creating together is much more fun.

About three weeks ago I sent one of my recent photographs to a long lost, newly found friend, Robin - she liked it. 

Having experience collaborating with others, she asked if should could use my image in a collaboration. Who me? Duh, why sure, I'd be honored. 


My interesting, but rather monochromatic photo has been totally transformed and given new meaning . Visit Image and Spirit (June 29, 2009 - Breaking Locks) to see the finished collaborative work and other inspirational art and collaborations. Also check out Gramercy Digital Diary to see what Robin's been creating lately.  

1 comment:

  1. That Robin is really somethin'!

    I enjoyed purusing your blog. I love shadows and old doors too!

    ReplyDelete