Sunday, August 22, 2010

Good Karma

Sometimes I feel like I'm giving too much of myself to others.... and then out of the blue, someone donates two perfectly wonderful table looms to the Center for the Arts - and they are entrusted to me for their rehab, care and feeding. What is given freely, comes back, doubled (I need to enhance my limited understanding of the Karma principles). I am humbled and giddy with excitement and looking forward to my next volunteer opportunity.

The little darling on the left is named Dorothy. She's still in production and retails for over $600. Dorothy's hidden bonus is that she folds down for easy transport (with a project on the warp) and will make a great road show/demo/show & tell loom - set her up in a minute. Dorothy has already received a detailed cleaning and wax job and is ready for her first warp.

The loom on the right lost his ID tags but is clearly an old Dick Blick/Art Craft loom. Solid as a rock, if seriously rusty & crusty in spots and needs a new warp beam. He'll take a little longer in rehab, but will be good to go in a couple of months... and be a good weaving companion for decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment