Monday, August 17, 2009

Mini Rugs & more

Many things going on:
  • To help promote the new weaving class, I down-sized the Kentucky Mountain Pattern Rug from Rag Rug Weaving Handbook (Meany & Pfaff) and wove it on one of ACA's 8" looms. I'm quite pleased with the outcome. One of the best pieces I've woven to date, and the pattern is fully reversible.
  • To keep my stream monitoring certification up to date, I spent 4 hours yesterday with friends counting bugs that live in Hollow Creek. I saw this amazing spider having lunch. Catching the young girls playing (unaware) on a log in the background was sort of surreal and way creepy - straight out of a scifi horror movie. Cue the soundtrack from Psycho. Scree, scree, scree...
  • HB & Me saw Julie & Julia at the Saturday Matinee. Really sweet movie with some deeper sub-stories about the importance of setting and achieving goals, becoming one with your muse and blogging faithfully. As one of my favorite George Harrison lyrics says, "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." I'm not exactly sure where I'm going, but I'm pretty sure this is the right road.
  • I'll be weaving in public this Saturday at ACA during their Arts Alive Festivities from 11 to 2. I need to decide what to work on while I'm there. It will be a great opportunity to catch the attention of a few prospective students for the new class.

No comments:

Post a Comment